CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

BRING BACK THE 80'S

My daughter who is 15 yrs.old. wanted to watch the movie " FOOTLOOSE" . So I rented it.
Growing up in the 80's, I liked the music, not like todays stuff. Anyway she is on this "80's" kick. The way we dressed and danced and the music we listened to.
She was thrilled by the movie by the way the hair was so BIG and the leg warmers with skirts and jeans. She thought it was so COOL. She'll even put the t.v. on the 80's music channel and listen to some of the songs. She was amazed that I, 40, still remembered the words and the people who sung the songs.
She asked "whatever happened to the 80's?". It's the RAP music that is out today. That's what happened.
I thought it was pretty cool that a 15 yr. old took interest in MY TIME.
She actually wants to dress the way we did way back when.
I think it's cool.
The 80's was a great time. Not all the crap that goes on in schools now days. That is why
she is homeschooled.
I loved the music and the way we dressed.
I'm going back in time but we're only young once, right.

0 comments: