CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What a day????

Well, I thought it was gonna be a good day at work. It was over cast and we are usually busy on those type of days. It wasn't busy - at all. Oh well. First I normally work the bar on Mon. and Wed. from 10:30-5pm. I found out today that I no longer work those days. That was the only reason I decided to keep working there, cause it was in between classes for me and it was durning the day. Anyway, this girl(who is suppose to be the asst. manager) decided she was gonna work those days so she could do the beer and liquor order for the weekends. Well my boss said"it wasn't getting done". So why let her work those shifts, if she isn't gonna do her JOB. I don't understand that. So, I figured I'd work Mon. and Wed. nights, that why I still have a job and some spending money. That just totally pissed me off. That she'd take over my shifts. But it doesn't bother me at all. As long as I can study for school, I don't care.
Then I get a phone call from my dad. He asked what I was doing. I told him I was cooking dinner. He said, "No your cooking supper." I told him it didn't make a difference, I was cooking. He said dinner is what you eat in the afternoon and supper is at night. I should know this, since I'm a SOUTHERN GIRL. I had to laugh at me and say "ok, it's supper". He laughed at me. My dad is really great. He is a true southern. He lives in Blairsville, GA. That is basically considered redneck or hillbilly country. It's in the mountains near Tn. When I talk to him, I can hear my southern accent come out. But then it soons goes away. I know where my roots are.
I haven't heard from Mr. Wolf since this morning when he said he was getting ready to leave for the island of Sheyma. And that was about 11:30 am (my time) he called. I hope everything is ok. I can't study cause I'm worried about him. I know he's okay. I hope he's okay.
He's okay, isn't he?
He did say last night there was snow everywhere. On the mountain tops and the lakes were frozen. I guess it is pretty cold there. Hope he's wearing his thermal underwear.
Need to go check on"supper", and get to studying. Got a test tomorrow.
Good night everyone(for now). God Bless you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Lori you sound like me when I'm fretting over Jose or one of the kids. Wolf's fine I tell ya, so just relax and enjoy some "me" time.

loria said...

Thank you! Mr. Wolf is fine. He called me last night about 10pm, it was 5pm for him. They got to the hotel and then went to work. And I am enjoying the "me" time.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're both fine.

Roses said...

Supper is always at night.
But dinner can be at lunchtime or at night.
I always thought that a fancy supper was called dinner.
And I've never known a restaurant to have a supper menu, just a dinner menu.