CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 28, 2008

WEIRD WEATHER IN VA.

Okay it's the normal Monday. It's rainy and overcast. The ride to work wasn't bad.
I had a busy "MONDAY" today. Which always makes the time go by faster. Until about
3 p.m. I'm listening to the radio and the weather and the traffic. See they are replacing
all the windows in our building so I now have a piece of plywood up. So I didn't really
pay attention to the weather.
So the emergency broadcast center is issusing a "tornado warning and watch". Okay. It's
not near here. I work in Portsmouth and come to find out the tornado touched down in
Suffolk, which isn't that far. And not to mention we have an office there. So they call and
say the lights are out. The tornado hit Obici Hospital. So I get the word we can leave a
few minutes early.
Oh, wait, I can't. I have a patient that I'm trying to help over the phone. They had just had
their first cycle of chemo and wasn't doing well. So I finished up..........and it was 5 p.m.
Come to find, a tornado had touched down in Portsmouth. WOW!!!!!!!!
So on my way home the daughter calls and tells me to hurry home. Okay,
I have tunnel traffic and there is a tornado warning out. YEAH RIGHT..
Traffic was fine on my way home. And thank God he was looking out for me.
As I turn into the road to the house, it starts to pour rain and the clouds were
black and the wind was howling. I run into the house, quickly find the daughter,
laying in her bed and then proceed to watch the evening news.

Come to find out this is the worst tornado weather anyone has seen in this area
for at least 25 years. They counted at least 5 tornado's had touched down.
I was born and raised in Ga. and tornado's were normal and in TX. too.
I was in a tornado when I was in elementary school. So I know first hand
how scary they are. Seeing the glass break right in front of your eyes, hail hitting
the roof, and the sound of a freight train in your ears.

I'm just glad I made it home. It's mostly raining now with gusty winds.
Well, at least hitting the sunlight window sounds like rain.....

This is some pretty wacky weather for the beach area. I can now say I've
seen it all here in Va. I mean last year in April, it snowed and now the last
part of April, tornado's.

Who knows what we'll see next..............................

1 comments:

Freddie said...

I thought about you when I heard about the tornadoes in VA...

So you and the daughter are fine then?