CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 11, 2008

AAHHH!!! IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Well, I made it through another "tough" week at work. I so look forward to Fridays now. I was busy at work but with that brought some bad news.
This is why sometimes I don't like my job.
I get "too attached" to some of the patients. That's just me, outgoing and fun.
I recently lost a sweet, very sweet patient. He never complained and always had a smile on his face when he came in for his chemo. Now, I'll never see him. But I always did pat his back or give him a hug and told him I loved him. I'll miss him dearly.
Then a patient today, whom I've come to know and love too, is being put on "hospice". I said my "good-byes" today. I was doing good at work, no tears. And I thought I handled it pretty well. I thought to myself," GOOD JOB YOU DIDN'T BREAK DOWN".
Well low and behold, on my way home from work, I heard a song. Tim McGraw,"Live like your were dying", and I started thinking of those two patients and teared up the whole way home.
I think God brings people into your lives for a reason. And I'm still to this day trying to figure out why he put me where I am today, in this profession.
I work in a hematology and oncology office. So it is HARD to deal with somethings.
I use to work in a nursing home and the dying part seemed somewhat easy for me. I mean come on, I helped take care of the people. But for some reason this job is HARDER. I guess because they are able to talk to me and laugh with me and I get to know them more and more.
Why has God put here in this job????
On the other hand, I've learned that my mother had died of pancreatic cancer,(she's been gone for 3 years now). Is it because of her that I am where I am???
God has a plan for everyone. I think I'm stilling searching for mine or have I found it?
Hopefully the weekend will nice and pleasant.
Have a good Friday everyone.
Thanks for listening(reading).

p.s.
It was 83 degress today and I was inside ALL DAY! And tomorrow it's suppose to rain----again.

1 comments:

Big Bad Wolf said...

God put you where you are because simply you being you brings joy to other peoples lives.

Your smile, your wit, your personality gives a lift to people who are in a place that so desperately needs a bright, shining light in it.

You are that light. You give people joy and take the weight of the world off of their shoulders, even if only for a while.

You are one of Gods angels, sent to show his love and compassion to those who need it most.

And when you share your experiences and feelings here for others, it helps them understand what people like you go thru every day and brings them closer to understanding that shared pain is lessened and shared joy is increased.

You vent here to let off the pressure of your responsibility in a way you might not be able to do with people you truly care about.

You humanize the patients you care for and it may help people who read about what you go thru each day to deal with similar situations in their own lives.

Maybe you'll inspire someone else to do what you do and be as you are to be another light in the darkness of some else's life.