CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

In Rememberence

For the most part today has been a pretty good day. My mother passed away 2yrs. ago today. It is still a hard time for me. You have to understand she had me when she was 16 yrs. old and we sortofa "grew up" together. As I got older, I realized she was more than a mother to me. She was my BEST FRIEND. When she passed away I lost that. My mom always had an answer for me for any problem that I had.
As time passed I lived in other states;Az. and Tx. and she was in Ga. We always talked on the phone either everyother day or 3 times a week. And even though we talked on the phone, she wrote me letters too. Then when I moved to Va. we still kept in touch. She'd always send me sweet cards for nothing. She told me many times that she proud of me.
When I lived in Ga. we even still talked alot and spent alot of time together. I could always count on "my mom". We shared everything. There were times we argued but we got past that, it never lasted long. Somehow, we could never stay angry at one another.
When I lost her, I was her in Va. when I got the call and had to fly that night to Ga. My brother would call me from his cellphone(in the ICU unit) and let me talk to her. He told me that she's blink her eyes or move her hand. I knew she could hear me. I kept telling her that " I loved her and I'd be there soon,so please hang on". Well my plane got to the airport at 8:40pm on a Sun. night.
I kept hoping my mom would hang on. I checked my cell phone messages and my brother called to tell me she'd passed away. The message was received at 8:40pm. I cried. But she knew I was there and she did hang on till I got there; just like I asked her to.
I know that she is looking down on me with smiles and laughter. I know that she is proud of me for all that I have done.
I miss her dearly. And I miss my best friend too. The thing that hurts the most is she was only 55yrs. old when she passed, and it was before her birthday; which is next month.
I want to tell everyone, call your mom and let her know how you feel about her. She'll appreciate it.
I love you mom and I miss you!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you today.

loria said...

Thank you Freddie!

Roses said...

(((hug)))