CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

GUESS WHAT???????????

Well today I worked for a few hours. I told the office that I wasn't feeling well, and I wasn't I've been battling a bad chest cold. So I went and took care of my patient. Then off to Chesapeake I headed. Where I've been planning on going for a few days, but haven't been too well. I was going out there to put a job application in. And low and behold- -
after 2 hours of being there.
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!
I was very very excitied. I don't even remember driving home. WOW!!!!
So now instead of working 7 days a week, I will have 2 days a week off and with 2 of those days being every othere weekend. How cool is that?
I have oreintation on Mon. at 10 am. And the great news! I will have benefits and get this,
401K and they match it 50%.
It hit me tonight when I was out celebrating with some close friends, that I will actually have a retirement plan. Being a waitress, you do not have that.
I have a CAREER now not just a job.
I finially feel that I have done something with my life.
I wish that my hubby; BBW was here to share in the joy I feel.
I feel like a big weight has been lifted off of me.
I wanted to share this with all my fellow bloggers(friends).
So now maybe I may have more time to blog. I'm working the 3pm-11pm shift.
That means I get to sleep in. Wow! How great is that!!!! Pretty awesome I think.
Oh and thank god for DVR. I now know that I won't miss Grey's Antomy or Desperate Housewives or any of my other favoritve shows.
Have a great evening or day to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Congrats Lori! I'm starting to think the sky's the limit for you.

And I know how you feel. It took me FOREVER to get used to the idea that I might never have to work another weekend in my life.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Good luck.