CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 26, 2006

MADE IT THROUGH THE BIG "40".........

Well yesterday was my 40th birthday. Oh what a great day it was!!!!!!!!
I slept in a little bit. Went to lunch with my beloved daughter, Heather. Which by the way was a great gift to me. She recently moved here from Tx., she's 15 yrs.old. It was nice to be able to celebrate with her. Even though it would have been better if my hubby was here, but he's in Iceland working.
I had to go to work. Much to my surprise, my hubby had 1 dozen yellow roses-which are my favoritve, delivered to the resturant where I work. They are very beautiful.
Then when I got off work, the band that was playing wished me a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY".
Then the drinks and shots started coming my way.
Needless to say, I had to stop after 2 drinks and 2 shooters.
I got sick and threw everything up. I left my mark on the way home.
But hey, I got up at 5:30 a.m. this morning and got ready for work.
So I guess this "old lady" still has it.
So it was a very good birthday. I figured, hey I only turn the big 40 once. And there is the "BIG 50" that I'm gonna have to top.

2 comments:

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

The confusing of getting older is that it's only the body which gets old...Not the mind, the feelings, the needs, the wishes & wants.
Have a nice day...

Margarite Elaine said...

It's such a blessing to see another year. I'm glad that you had a fab time and were surrounded by the love of your friends and family.