CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 11, 2006

The Joys of a child

Well it's been awhile I ws on. Mainly because I drove to TX., what a wonderful drive; to pickup my 15 yr. old daughter. Yep, she's coming to live with me. It was a long drive and ride.
I stopped in GA. and picked up my nephew who is 17 and he helped with the driving. Oh ok, he drove the whole way. I was to co-piolt. We had a wonderful time. I love to travel but let me tell you, this trip WORN ME OUT!!!!!!! I have to remember I AM NOT A YOUNG CHICK anymore. Staying up late, till 4am is not me.
I left Va.Beach on Mon. at 3:30am and arrived back home on Wed. at 1:30am.,(actually Thurs. am). Then had to go to work Thurs at 4 pm. WOW!!! Let me tell you I am exhausted.
Today is Fri. and we went and did a little shopping.
I forgot how much fun it is to have a teenager shop with you.
You see, I like Tinkerbell. She talked me into buying a pillow with tinkerbell on it and another purse with tinkerbell on it.
She's really brought the "kid" in me out.
Needless to say she hasn't even begun to unpack her stuff YET. But she has time.

To all of you that have childern even stepchildern,
ENJOY THEM NOW BEFORE THEY GROW UP TOO FAST. IN A BLINK OF AN EYE THEY WILL BE GONE.


1 comments:

Freddie said...

Welcome back Lori!